Technology is rapidly changing, and while it hasn’t quite reached Jetson heights, it continues to evolve to make life easier.
Here at CPI, we pride ourselves on being on the cutting-edge. Our smart security system integrates key devices in your home – providing convenient access and complete control through our inTouch™ app.
Connect your security, locks, lights, thermostats, video, and more for seamless – and smarter – automation and control.
To help you build a smarter home and optimize your home automation capabilities, we’ve compiled a list of the best smart home tips and tricks for our products.
Of course, you can always visit our FAQ page for more information and tips.
Smart Home Devices:
- Touchscreen Door Lock – Our smart lock’s motorized deadbolt allows you to lock and unlock your door from the keyless touchscreen or through the inTouch app.
- Thermostat – Fully integrated into your system, our thermostat allows you to control your temperature from your app, just as you can with your security, lights, locks, garage door, and more. Our thermostats also integrate with your system and shut down your HVAC in the event of a fire.
- Garage Door Controller – For added security and convenience, our garage door controller sends an alert if your garage door is left open – letting you open or close your garage door through the inTouch app from anywhere.
- Lamp Control – Control the power of your lamps through the inTouch app or set schedules to turn lights on and off automatically.
Control your touchscreen door lock from anywhere via the inTouch app.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Touchscreen Door Lock:
- Provide Worry-Free Access to Your Home – Assign each member of your family a unique code to unlock or lock your door. If the code is misplaced, simply delete it and create a new one. You can even create a temporary code for dog sitters, guests, or friends – and then delete it in seconds.
- Know Who’s Unlocking the Door – Keep tabs on kids or know when the dog sitter is at your house by getting an alert when a specific user opens the door with their unique code.
- Guarantee Your House is Secure – If you forget to lock up on the way out, your system can send a reminder to lock the door remotely via the inTouch app.
- Integrate With Your Security System – Program your system to disarm automatically when unlocking the door.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Thermostats:
- Save Energy When You Leave Home – Your heating and cooling system is the biggest energy hog in your house! Program your thermostat to adjust settings when you leave the house and arm your system – saving energy, time, and money.
- Set Your Thermostat From Anywhere – Turn on the heat from the comfort of your couch or make sure the nursery is set to the perfect temperature – all from the inTouch app.
- Increase Efficiency When Doors or Windows Are Left Open– If a window or door with a contact sensor is left open after an extended period, our smart thermostat can enter “savings” mode and send you an alert.
- Set Geo-Location Triggers – Use geo-location triggers to adjust HVAC settings upon departure or arrival.
- “Armed to Away” Triggers – Use the Armed status of your system to trigger HVAC settings.
Our garage door controller is fully integrated with your security system.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Garage Door Controller:
- Check Your Garage Door’s Status – Easily check your garage door’s status through the inTouch app to make sure your house is safe and secure. As a bonus, your app can alert you if your garage door is left open!
- Close Your Garage Door – Leave the house in a hurry and forget to close your garage? No sweat. Close it remotely no matter where you are with our Garage Door Controller.
- Keep Packages Secure – Expecting a package and won’t be home to receive it? Remotely open the garage door and ask your delivery driver to drop your package inside, closing the garage door behind them.
Home Automation Ideas for Our Lamp Control:
- Automate Lights to Save Energy – Cut back on your electricity use and schedule lights to turn on and off automatically according to the time of day or when it gets dark.
- Schedule Your Lights When You’re Away – If you plan to travel for a few days, give people the impression that you’re home by setting up a schedule that turns your lights on every evening. Schedules can also be randomized or based on sunrise and sunset for added convenience and security.
- Enhanced Safety in Emergencies – For added safety and visibility, set rules to have lights automatically turn on in an alarm event.
- Create the Appearance That Someone is Home – Set up rules so when your Video Doorbell Pro detects motion during certain times, the lights in your home automatically turn on.
- Geo-Location Triggers – Use geo-location triggers to turn lights on as you arrive home.
Home automation features like these, and more, can be programmed from your computer or mobile device!
CPI Security is more than just cameras or sensors. It’s all-encompassing smart security that makes life easier and keeps you safe with real-time alerts and 24/7 monitoring.
Visit our FQ page for more information and tips.